- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy this simple recipe for cheesy grits with your breakfast or brunch.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons quick-cooking grits
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Pinch of paprika
- Put the water, grits, salt and garlic powder into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Once the mixture boils, quickly reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture reaches desired consistency, remove from the heat and add the cheese, paprika. Stir until cheese is melted and serve immediately.