- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: Makes about 4 dozen cookies
These traditional cookies are packed with flavor and wholesome goodness. Add a handful of golden raisins or walnuts to the cookie dough if you fancy.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together with a handheld mixer until fluffy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and continue to beat well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with a wire whisk.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir well to combine.
- Using a large spoon, take rounded tablespoons of the dough and drop onto an ungreased baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 9 minutes for a chewy cookie or for 11 minutes for a crispy cookie.
- Remove the cookies and let rest for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.