- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves about 10 people
This festive fall dessert is easy to make and fun to serve. Pumpkin Roll is a holiday favorite. The first set of ingredients is for the cake, the second for the filling.
- Powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 12/ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of pre-packaged (in a can) pumpkin filling
- 1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan and line it with waxed paper. Butter and flour the waxed paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until thick. Beat in the pumpkin mixture. Stir in the flour mixture. Spread the entire mixture evenly in the jelly-roll pan.
- Bake the cake for 13-15 minutes. Immediately loosen the edges of the cake and flip it onto the towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Peel off the waxed paper. Roll up the cake and the towel starting at the narrow end and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- For the cream filling: Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla together until smooth.
- Carefully unroll the cake from the towel. Spread the cream cheese filling over the cake, and re-roll it.
- Wrap the cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate the cake for about an hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.