- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
This spiced coffee cake makes a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, soak raisins in hot water for 5 minutes; do not drain.
- Cream eggs, pumpkin, 1/4 cup sugar, nutmeg, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, applesauce and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and powdered milk.
- Blend flour combination into pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in raisin-water mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix together remaining flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter until mixture becomes coarse; sprinkle over top of cake batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.