- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 30 min
- Serving: 8
Serve this in place of the pumpkin pies during the holidays.
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl combine all wet ingredients.
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine the two mixtures together in a large bowl.
- Spray a crock pot with non stick spray.
- Pour the mixture into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.