- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes 8 parfait desserts
A festive dessert that is ideal for the holidays, this pumpkin mousse parfait is light and creamy and tastes like a parfait version of a classic pumpkin pie.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 (5.1-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (15- to 16-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cookies or graham crackers, crushed
- Pecan halves, garnish
- Place the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla into a bowl, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Put the pumpkin puree and the pudding mix into another bowl, and whisk vigorously until blended. Slowly whisk in the milk, and then sprinkle the mixture with the nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Stir well to combine and then fold in the whipped cream mixture.
- Spoon the parfait into dessert bowls, adding layers of crushed cookies in-between the spoonfuls. Garnish with some pecan halves and serve immediately.