- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Pumpkin Mousse Dessert is served in parfait glasses for an elegant ending after a great meal.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1, 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Soften gelatin in water. Stir over low heat until dissolved. Add pumpkin, 1/2 cup brown sugar, spice, salt and egg yolks. Cook. Stirring constantly over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Cool.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Combine cream cheese and remaining brown sugar, mixing until well blended. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Alternate layers of sour cream mixture, pecans and pumpkin mixture in parfait glasses. Chill.