- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 8
This pumpkin mousse recipe is simple to prepare and super delicious to eat.
- 1 envelope, 2.25 teaspoons, unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1, 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Finely chopped candied ginger for garnish
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and let sit until gelatin has softened. Bring mixture to a simmer over low heat and stir until gelatin has dissolved.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, spices, salt, and gelatin mixture; set aside.
- In a large, chilled bowl, beat 1 cup cream and the vanilla until soft peaks form; fold cream into pumpkin mixture. Spoon into 8 dessert glasses and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, beat remaining 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Dollop cream on top of pumpkin mousse and garnish with candied ginger.