- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Serves 12
Italian-Americans often serve lasagna before their Thanksgiving turkey, so Mealtime.org decided to put the most iconic Thanksgiving fruit into lasagna.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1, 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1, 15-ounce can mixed greens, drained
- 1, 15-ounce can 100 percent pure pumpkin
- 1, 15-ounce container ricotta cheese, preferably whole milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 15 lasagna noodles (about 3/4 pound), cooked according to package directions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and sauté until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes; add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes; add garlic and Italian seasoning, and cook for 1 minute; stir in the greens and heat through; set aside.
- Mix pumpkin and ricotta cheese in a large mixing bowl; stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg until well combined. Grease the inside of baking dish with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil; spread 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce over the bottom of the baking dish; top with 3 noodles, covering the bottom of the dish. Spread 1/4 of the pumpkin mixture over the layer of noodles and scatter 1/4 of the green mixture over the pumpkin. Repeat layers of noodles, pumpkin, and greens until you have 4 layers of each.
- Top with the remaining 3 noodles and spread the remaining 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce over the top. Cover with a sheet of foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbling around the edges; remove foil and top with remaining Parmesan cheese; return to the oven for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Rest for 15 minutes and cut into 12 squares.