- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12
Tired of making regular cornbread? Try this pumpkin cornbread muffin recipe for a tasty treat that will surprise you.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line muffin tray with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, stir together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, and oil. Pour the egg mixture into the well in the dry ingredient bowl. Stir just until blended--do not over mix!
- Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin tin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.