- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8
Comfort food at its finest, this hearty healthy pumpkin chili will easily take the cold edge off of winter.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 turkey sausages, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion and celery, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chili powder, oregano, beans, tomatoes, pumpkin and broth, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a low boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro, sour cream and shredded cheese.