- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr
- Total: 2 hr 30 min
- Serving: 16
A delicious bread to serve for breakfast when you have company.
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 4 tbsp. raisins, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Combine flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- In medium mixing bowl combine brown sugar and oil.
- Mix until well blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add pumpkin and stir until well blended.
- Add flour mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into 2 well-greased and floured 1/2 pint smooth canning jars.
- Cover jars tightly with greased foil.
- Place a the jars on top of a rack placed in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Remove jars from crock pot.
- Let jars cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from jars.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool.