- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: Makes 12 muffins
The addition of canned pumpkin keeps these muffins moist while the fresh orange juice and peel adds a hint of citrus flavor and aroma.
- Butter or oil to grease pan
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Place the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and stir well to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, milk, oil, orange peel, and orange juice.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and then add the egg mixture. Stir unit just combined and then transfer the batter to the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake the muffins for 18 minutes or until the tops turn light brown. Cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.