- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 37 min
- Serving: Makes 16 balls
These sweet and savory pumpkin and fresh sage balls can be served individually as an appetizer or grouped together to form a main dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons of minced fresh sage
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Place the olive oil in a hot sauté pan over medium heat and sauté the onion for 8 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and fresh sage to the pan and cook for two additional minutes before removing the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a bowl along with the panko, pumpkin puree, lightly beaten egg, salt and pepper; stir well to combine. Form the mixture into 2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Put the pumpkin and fresh sage balls into the oven and cook for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.