- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total: 6 min
- Serving: 4
Packed with protein (25 grams), this simple low-fat meal can be enjoyed as a power breakfast or as a light lunch.
- 2 (about 3 pounds each) cantaloupes
- 1 Â½ cups lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 Â½ cups (about Â½ pound) cooked turkey breast, diced
- Â½ cup currants or raisins
- Â½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons honey toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablesppons honey
- Cut cantaloupes in half.
- Scrape out and discard seeds.
- Mix cottage cheese, turkey, currants, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Evenly scoop mixture into the cantaloupe halves, filling cavity.
- Sprinkle each half with 1 tablespoon wheat germ and serve.
- This dish can be made a day in advance, stored in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle wheat germ on right before serving to keep it crunchy.
- Heat honey and drizzle over cantaloupe.