- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: Serves 4 - 6
Stretch out summertime with this sultry, sparkling sipper made with top-quality Prosecco. D.O.C.G. Prosecco makes the perfect hip, and reasonably priced sip for lunch, brunch, or celebrations.
The fine print: only Proseccos bearing the D.O.C.G. designation are authentic Prosecco wines, produced under strict quality controls in the 12,000-acre Conegliano-Valdobbiadene region outside Venice. Paris Hilton aside, who needs canned, imitation Prosecco anyway, when the real thing runs around $15 a bottle?
Try this delectable Prosecco Sorbet Float from Duskie Estes and John Stewart of Zazu and Bovolo Restaurant.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups Prosecco (D.O.C.G.)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed ruby grapefruit juice, or juice of your choice
- Additional Prosecco (D.O.C.G.)
- In a medium sauce pan on high heat, bring the sugar and Prosecco to a simmer, stirring to melt sugar. Remove from the heat and add the grapefruit juice.
- Chill the sorbet base. When thoroughly cold, freeze according to your ice cream maker’s directions. Let set at least an hour in the freezer.
- Scoop into desired glass and top with additional Prosecco.