- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 25 appetizers
Dainty bites of prosciutto, mushrooms and Provolone cheese, seasoned with chives and white pepper.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 16 ounces (4 cups) Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once sizzling, add the mushrooms and onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the chives, cheese, prosciutto, eggs and pepper into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir the onion mixture into the cheese mixture and then transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread tests clean.
- Remove the bread, let stand for 4 minutes and then cut up into small squares and serve immediately.