- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 People
This is the ultimate salad for a first course dinner party -- salty prosciutto, peppery arugula and sweet and sour blood oranges all topped with toasted pistachios. Accompany this dish with a glass of chardonnay.
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches arugula
- Shelled pistachio nuts, lightly toasted
- 3 blood oranges
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- Rinse the arugula off, trim the ends and then pat dry with some paper towels or a clean towel; set aside.
- Peel the blood oranges, slice in half and then shave into thin pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the arugula and toss to coat.
- Place three pieces of prosciutto onto four separate serving plates and then top with an even amount of arugula. Arrange the blood orange pieces on the arugula and then sprinkle with the pistachio nuts and one tablespoon of the goat cheese for each plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.