- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This recipe for a "Prescription Julep" was originally created in the nineteenth century as an accepted cure for viruses. Its sweet, spicy and complex blend of flavors is absolutely delicious.
- 1-1/2 ounces cognacv
- 1/2 ounce rye whiskey
- 1/2 ounce sugar cubes and 1 ounce warm water
- 8-12 leaves fresh spearmint and some to garnish
- Put the sugar and water mixture into a rocks glass along with the spearmint leaves.
- Gently muddle the mixture to lightly bruise the leaves and then fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Add the cognac and rye and then gently stir the mixture with a bar spoon for 20 seconds until chilled.
- Garnish with some fresh mint and serve immediately.