- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen
These sugar cookies can be coated with either powdered sugar or brown sugar.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Combine shortening, flour, powdered sugar or brown sugar, vanilla and pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then flatten with a damp fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- After removing from oven, immediately put in paper sack containing 2 cups powdered sugar or brown sugar. Roll gently.