- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8
This is a tasty mixture.
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 30 ounces of condensed beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 cup sour cream
- In large saucepan combine potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, celery, broth and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cube bread and place on baking sheet.
- Toast in oven at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of sour cream and toasted bread cubes.