- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A delicious breakfast accompaniment to eggs and toast, try making these potato smashers instead of grits.
- 8 small new potatoes (3/4 lb.), about 1-1/2 inches in diameter
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 slices Bacon
- Sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Microwave the potatoes on high for 10 minutes and then let stand for 5 minutes.
- Push down on each potato with a small plate in order to flatten to approximately 1/2- inch thickness.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon in a small frying pan until crispy, and then drain and crumble.
- Place the potatoes in the pan with the bacon fat and cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown. While in the pan, top with some bacon, cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with chives and serve.