- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Tender chunks of red potato are combined with green and red onions and then tossed with a spicy toasted cumin and chile vinaigrette.
- 5 cups red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green onions
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 dried thai chiles
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes for about 8 minutes, or until tender, and then drain and place into a bowl with the green and red onions.
- In the meantime, put the cumin seeds into a small skillet and toast, stirring frequently, over medium heat until fragrant. Once cool, transfer to a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle, and grind to a fine powder. Put the cumin into a food processor, along with the chiles, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, garlic, and rice vinegar.
- With the processor’s motor running on low, slowly pour the olive oil down the processor chute and blend the mixture until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.