- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4
Spicy fried Indian bread eaten in north India. It is stuffed with tasty potato mixture.
- 2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 medium Potatoes, boiled
- 1 tsp powder of Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilie powder
- 1 Green chilie, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Take a large bowl and add wheat flour in it.
- Add salt and 3/4 cup of water in it.
- Knead it to make a smooth dough.
- Cover the kneaded flour with a damp cloth and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Grate the boiled potatoes.
- Take a bowl and mix potatoes, red chilie powder, powder of pomegranate seeds, green chilie and salt (to taste) in it to make potato mixture.
- Make eight rounded balls out of the flour dough.
- Sprinkle some dry wheat flour on surface, place a rounded ball of dough on it and flatten it with the help of rolling pin.
- Stuff some potato mixture inside the flattened dough ball such that it is completely sealed inside the dough.
- Make rounded ball of this stuffed dough.
- Again sprinkle some dry wheat flour on surface, place the stuffed rounded ball of dough on it and roll it with the help of rolling pin to approximately six inches diameter. The Potato Parantha is ready to fry.
- Take a flat pan without sides (tawa) and heat it.
- Place the Potato Prantha on it and cook for about three minutes on medium heat.
- After cooking it from one side, low the heat.
- Turn it and spread half a tablespoon of butter on it.
- Turn it again and spread half a tablespoon of butter on other side also.
- Cook till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with mango pickle or fresh yoghurt.