- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes 8 cups
Leeks are a delicate vegetable that taste similar to a cross between an onion and a scallion but with a milder and less bitter flavor. Enjoy them in this soup blended with potatoes
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 medium leeks, chopped
- 1-1/4 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the butter in a soup pot over medium heat to melt. Once melted add the leeks and sauté for 20 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add the potatoes and the stock, stir the mixture to combine and bring to a boil. One boiling reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and then serve immediately.