- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Potato and broccoli casserole, great party or potluck food
- 3 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French fried onions
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter an 8x12 inch baking dish.
- Beat the potatoes, cream cheese, milk, egg and margarine until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 1/2 can of the fried onions.
- Scoop into the pan, pressing against the sides to create a shell. Bake for 20-25 minutes uncovered.
- Place the hot broccoli in the middle, sprinkle with the remaining onions and cheese. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.