- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
You will find this combination of flavors delicious.
- 3 lb. chuck roast
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 carrots, cut into Â½ inch pieces
- 1 can condensed tomato soup (10Â¾ oz.)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 3 tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. winter squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1Â½ to 2 inch pieces
- After trimming fat place roast in a large skillet brown roast on all sides in hot oil.
- Meanwhile, place turnips, carrots, tomato soup, red wine or water, tapioca, allspice, and pepper in crock pot.
- Mix together.
- Place roast on top of vegetables.
- Put squash on top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours (high 5 to 6 hours).
- Put roast and vegetables on a serving platter.
- Skim the fat from the gravy so you can serve the gravy with the pot roast.