- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 25 min
- Serving: 4
Classic Pot Roast with Potatoes is the ultimate comfort food.
- 1, 8 pound chuck roast
- 5 carrots, cut in chunks
- 16 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 package beef stew seasoning
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 large can cream of mushroom soup
- Trim fat from meat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet and brown meat on all sides. Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Place in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven.
- Add carrots to meat. Add the soup, seasoning, parsley, onion, bay leaves and water to the pan. Cover pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 2 hours.
- Add the potatoes and bake an additional 1 hour. Add additional water if neccessary.