- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 9 hr
- Total: 9 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
This pot roast and vegetables will be all you need to make a complete meal. Serve it with garlic french bread.
- 3 pound beef chuck pot roast
- 4 potatoes unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Remove excess fat from meat.
- Cut meat into serving pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine vegetables, bay leaves, rosemary and thyme in crock pot.
- Place beef over vegetables in crock pot.
- Pour broth over beef.
- Cover and cook on low 8Â½ to 9 hours.
- Remove beef to serving platter.
- Arrange vegetables around beef.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.