- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6
Veg Portuguese tomato rice with yellow onion and tomatoes.
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tblsp vegan margarine
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, chopped and seeded
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Take a saucepan and heat oil and margarine in it until margarine is melted.
- Add garlic and onion to it and stir fry until onion becomes soft.
- Simmer the heat, add tomatoes to it and cover it. Cook until tomatoes are done.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Add rice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover it and cook in sim until rice are well done.
- Serve hot.