- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: 4 people
This with this Portobello mushroom burger with mozzarella and roasted red pepper, you'll never miss the meat.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large sourdough rolls
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 large pieces of jarred roasted red pepper
- 1 cup arugula
- Set your oven to broil.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a dry cloth, then scrape the "gills" off the mushrooms.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, then brush the mixture all over the mushrooms.
- Place the caps on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Broil the caps about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Before the last minute of broiling, remove the caps from the oven and top each with a slice of cheese.
- Return to the oven and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, about one minute.
- Cut rolls in half, place each cap on the bottom side of each roll.
- Top with tomato, basil, roasted red pepper and a little bit of arugula.
- Top with remaining half of roll and enjoy!