- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 4
A wonderful mix of cloves, bay leaves and sage infuses this spiced pork tenderloin with vibrant flavors, making it the perfect backdrop for caramelized vegetables and brown rice.
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, grind the cloves, bay leaves, and whole peppercorns until reaching a fine consistency. Evenly rub the spice mixture all over the pork tenderloin.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and sear the tenderloin on all sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Place the tenderloin on a roasting pan in the oven and roast until an internal temperature inserted into the pork reads 140 degrees, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove pork from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.