- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4
Serve this Stew over rice or noodles for a complete meal.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 one pound pork tenderloin cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary leaves crushed
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms drained well
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add pork, onion, celery, basil, rosemary and oregano. Cook until pork is browned.
- Place pork mixture in crock pot.
- Blend flour with chicken broth.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.