- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr 15 min
- Total: 3 hr 45 min
- Serving: 10
Pork Roast with Fruit Sauce is an elegant dish for special occasions.
- 1, 4 pound pork loin roast with bone
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1, 10 ounce jar apple jelly
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place roast on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a saucepan combine apple jelly, apple juice and cardamon; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and heated through. Set aside 1/2 cup. Brush some of the remaining sauce over the roast.
- Bake 40 to 60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 to 170 degrees. Brush with sauce every 20 minutes. Transfer roast to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour pan drippings into a saucepan. Add apricots and reserved fruit sauce. Cook over medium high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to apricot mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils, about 2 minutes.