- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 3 dozen
Consider making a double batch of these sweet and sticky pork riblets as they’ll go fast!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 (14-ounce) bottle (1-1/3 cups) ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 3-1/2 pounds pork riblets
- Place the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add the onion and garlic once the butter begins to sizzle.
- Sauté the mixture for 4 minutes and then add the soy sauce, sugar, molasses, honey, ketchup, red pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, and then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Once cool, add the apricot preserves to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the riblets onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the riblets from the oven, place in a bowl and pour in the sauce. Stir the mixture to coat and then place the drums on the prepared cooking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.