- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4
When making this easy recipe, you can substitute apple juice for sherry, if you prefer. Serve these pork medallions with steamed asparagus or green beans, along with a side of scalloped potatoes. This recipe is sponsored by the National Pork Board.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 8 crosswise pieces
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary OR 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Fresh mushrooms (optional)
- Press each pork tenderloin slice to 1-inch thickness. Heat margarine in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown pork quickly, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat. Place cooked pork slices on serving plate, reserving drippings. Keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, onion, rosemary, celery salt, pepperand garlic to reserved drippings in skillet. Cook over low heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sherry; stir to blend. Return pork slices to skillet; spoon mushroom mixture over slices. Cover and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Place pork slices and mushrooms mixture on serving plate. Garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary and fresh mushrooms caps, if desired.