- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
For extra flavor, use your favorite dry rub on the pork chops and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature prior to cooking.
- 4 1/2-inch thick pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 12 ounces young green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 red pear or apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper, and then add to the pan. Cook for 7 minutes, flip and then sprinkle with half of the orange juice. Cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the beans in a sauté pan and add enough water to cover. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining orange juice, the honey, 1 tablespoon olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and then add the sliced orange, pear and fennel. Toss to coat.
- Place the pork chops onto plates and add the beans. Add the fennel salad and serve immediately.