- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
Got 15 minutes? That's all the time you need to get a gourmet dinner on your family dinner table. Paulette Mitchell, author of the internationally acclaimed 15-minute Gourmet series, shares these three 15-Minute recipes that taste like they took much longer to prepare.
- 1 (15-ounce) can Mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 3 tablespoons syrup reserved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) bag cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw or broccoli coleslaw
- 16 ounces boneless pork loin chops
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- To make coleslaw, stir together the 3 tablespoons Mandarin orange syrup, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Add the coleslaw and Mandarin oranges and gently toss.
- Lightly sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook for 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Pour the water into the pan. Stir constantly for 1 minute over medium heat, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen the browned bits. To serve, drizzle the pan juices over the pork chops and serve with coleslaw on the side.