- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6
Pork Chops Neapolitan is tomato based and filled with mushrooms and peppers.
- 6 loin pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1, 16 ounce can Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- 1, 4 ounce can buttom mushrooms, drained
- Wipe chops with damp paper towels.
- In hot oil in large skillet, brown chops well on both sides. Remove from skillet.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet. Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil and pepper; mix well, mashing tomatoes with fork.
- Place pork chops in skillet. Arrange green pepper wedges, spoke fashion, between chops. Simmer covered, 1 1/4 hours or until chops are tender. Add mushrooms and simmer 5 minutes longer.