- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Serves 6
This pork chop casserole is destined to become your family's favorite comfort food.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- Cut off any visible fat from pork chops. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper, dredge pork chops.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, cook pork chops for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned. Place in a single layer in an ungreased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Combine soup, broth, pepper, thyme and 1/2 cup sour cream, pour over chops. Sprinkle with half of the onions.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes. Stir remaining sour cream into sauce. Top chops with remaining onions. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes.