- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
The most common type of Korean BBQ pork is a spicy pork dish called bulgogi. There also is a beef bulgogi, but the marinades are different. The marinade for pork bulgogi is usually some kind of chili powder or spice paste, garlic, sesame oil, and pear juice. Boneless pork is the best choice for bulgogi and it is usually cooked in a skillet.
- 1/4 cup crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder or red chili paste
- 1/4 cup pear or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 green onions, diced (green and white parts)
- 2 pounds boneless pork, sliced thinly
- Whisk garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, pear juice, sesame oil, and green onions in a bowl. Add pork and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, heat a skillet over medium heat and cook pork until fully cooked through. Serve with steamed rice and vegetables.