- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 10 half cup servings
Invented by confectionary master Arnold Rebane, poppycock makes a delicious holiday treat.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup halved pecans
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a shallow pan, bake almonds and pecans until toasted. Set side to cool.
- In a very large bowl, combine almonds, pecans and popcorn and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix sugar, butter and corn syrup and heat for about one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda cinnamon and then vanilla extract. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss with a buttered fork until evenly mixed.
- Press mixture onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Break poppycock into pieces when cooled and store in a plastic container in the freezer or refrigerator.