- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
Poppy Seed Cake is a classic, brunch favorite.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 can Poppy seed filling (Solo Brand)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- confectioner's sugar for garnish
- Butter and flour a 10 inch round tube pan and set aside.
- Stir together vegetable oil, eggs, poppy seed filling and evaporated milk in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, instant coffee, vanilla and nuts.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until mixed and put in pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar when completely cool.