- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes about 6 dozen cookies
Top these dainty cookies with the filling of your choice. Fruit preserves or a creamy curd work especially well.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Filling of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the powdered sugar and butter into a bowl, and blend until creamy. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla, and then slowly stir in the flour, salt and poppy seeds. Mix well to combine.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of the dough at a time into balls and then place on the prepared baking sheets. Make an indentation into each cookie with your thumb, and then fill with the filling of your choice.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, or until the edges turn golden in color. Cool the cookies on a wire rack prior to serving.