- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 2-4
Pomelo is the largest of the citrus fruits. Its taste resembles that of a grapefruit, although it is both sweeter and milder in flavor.
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup instant couscous
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced and separated into rings (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (1-1/2-pounds) pomelo, peeled and separated into chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade of mint
- Cook the couscous according to package directions, making sure to add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Place the vegetable oil into a sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the shallots and cook until golden brown in color. Using a slotted spoon, remove the onions from the pan and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place the cooked couscous in a large salad bowl and then add the remaining olive oil, a large pinch of salt and the fresh ginger. Toss gently to coat and then add the pomelo, cooked shallot and the mint. Toss gently once again and then serve immediately.