- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 2 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This low-calorie, yogurt-based dessert is made with fresh strawberries and pomegranate juice. A wonderfully light and airy warm-weather treat for the entire family to enjoy.
- 10 ounces fresh or thawed frozen strawberries (about 2 cups) plus strawberries to garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 7-ounce container regular or 2% Greek yogurt
- Place 1/4 cup of the pomegranate juice into a bowl and then add the gelatin. Let the mixture stand for about 4 minutes until the gelatin softens.
- In the meantime, place the strawberries and the salt into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place the remaining pomegranate juice and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved and then reduce the heat to low and sit in the gelatin mixture. Cook for 1 minute and then transfer to the food processor with the strawberry purée. Process the mixture for about 10 seconds to combine and then pour into dessert bowls.
- Cover the desserts and then place into the refrigerator for 2 hours to set; serve garnished with some fresh strawberry slices.