- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4
Pineapples and green peppers make Polynesian Ribs a tropical sensation.
- 1, 8 1/4 ounce can chunk pineapple in syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 pounds spareribs, cut into single ribs
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix for pork and ribs, barbecue style
- Drain pineapple; measure 2 tablespoons syrup and mix with soy sauce. Place pineapple, remaining syrup and green pepper in bowl. Moisten ribs with soy sauce mixture. Empty seasoned coating mix into shaker bag. Coat ribs as directed.
- Arrange with sides touching in 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with any remaining mix. Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Move ribs to end of pan and add pineapple, syrup and green pepper. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer.