- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 9 hr
- Total: 9 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
I love the tangy taste of sauerkraut with sausage.
- 3 strips bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 pounds Polish sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 27 oz cans sauerkraut
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 apples, cored and cubed
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- Fry bacon and sausage until crisp, drain.
- Add flour to drippings and blend well.
- Stir in sauerkraut, mix well.
- Pour sauerkraut mixture, bacon, and sausage pieces in crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients, stir together.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours (high 3 to 4 hours).