- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 18
A traditional favorite, Polish Kolacys can be filled with your favorite fruit preserves.
- 1/2 pound margarine
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup preserves (strawberry, apricot, prune)
- confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
- Thoroughly blend margarine, cream cheese and sugar. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Knead to form stiff dough. Roll to 1/4 inch thickness on well floured board. Cut into 2 inch squares. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves in center. Press opposite corners together in center.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with confectioners' sugar when done baking.