- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This recipe combines the rich flavors and ingredients of Italian cuisine with the vibrant colors and tastes of Mexican cooking. If you prefer, feel free to use spicy Mexican sausage instead of Italian sweet pork.
- 1 package (1 pound) refrigerated polenta roll (plain or flavored)
- Olive oil to grease
- 1/2 pound Italian sweet pork sausage , casing removed
- 1 package (about 7.5 ounces) smoked chorizo sausage , coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (about 4 ounces)
- Chunky Salsa , sour cream, sliced olives to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Slice the polenta into 12 pieces, place on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes .
- Put the sausage, chorizo and the onion into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and brown the sausages well on all sides. Add the picante sauce and the corn to the pan, stir to combine and then bring to a simmer.
- Place 1 slice of baked polenta onto a plate and then top with 1/3 cup of the picante and corn sauce, another slice of polenta and then an additional 1/3 cup of the picante and corn sauce. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cheese over the dish and then garnish with some chunky salsa, sour cream and sliced olives. Create the remaining sausage stackers in the same manner and then serve immediately.